Everyone should have an ultimate brownie recipe. This brownie is the perfect balance between being fudgy and cakey, with the most amazing chocolate flavor you’ll ever taste!
I love starting my day with baking brownies. Not only i can snack them, but it gaves me a happy feeling that continues during the day.
Personally, i am not a huge fan of super fudgy brownies because they gave me the sense of being uncooked or even being a fudge, which is definitely not a brownie. Therefore, i think having the right amount of flour is the key to a perfect brownie, which is of course not a chocolate cake, nor a chocolate fudge.
This brownie is thw exact definition of what is better that a regular chocolate cake but it’s still not a fudge; With melted chocolate in every bite.
What type of chocolate can i use?
For the cocoa powder, the natural unsweetened cocoa powder is the best choice.
But for the chocolate chips, it’s totally depending on your taste. If you have a very sweet taste you can use sweet or semi-sweet chocolate, along with milk chocolate for a nice balance. If you want to have more fun, add a little bit of white chocolate!
But i am not a huge fan of too sweet desserts, because i want to eat a lot of them! Thus, i usually add dark chocolate, which iw about 70 to 80 percent. I enjoy a dash of the bitterness when i take a bite from my brownie.
But the important thing to note is that always use high quality and not so old chocolate. refrigerating the chocolate will give it a abnormal taste.
Can i add nuts to the brownie?
Of course you can! Try adding chopped walnuts or pecans, about one third of a cup. I also recommend using some mixture of different nuts, such as chopped pistachio, almonds, and peanut. You can use raw or roasted nuts, but using roasted and salted nuts specially pestachio will give your brownies a great kick!
Craving for a dessert? Check these out:
Chocolate brownie recipe
- ½ Cup Melted Butter 141 grams
- 1 Cup Sugar 207 grams
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla 12 grams
- ½ Cup Melted semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips 114 grams
- ¾ Cup ap Flour 99 grams
- ¼ Cup Cocoa powder 25 grams
- 1 Cup Dark/ Semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips 175 grams
- 1 tbsp Espresso powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F. line your cake pan with parchment paper and set some extra for lifting the brownie.
- Whisk the melted butter and sugar, just until it's mixed well.
- Add eggs, vanilla, salt, espresso powder and then melted chocolate, then whisk well until mixed and combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in the sifted flour and cocoa powder. do not over mix the batter.
- Fold in the remaining chocolate chips. at this step, you can add your desired nuts.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan, bake for 30 minutes and cool before serving. enjoy!
Have more questions about the recipe? Have you tried these? Leave a comment below and let me know!