These pancakes are super fluffy and delicious, being the best choice for your favorite pancake recipe!
Jump to Recipe
It’s never late for a pancake! I remember this quote from a movie and I thought it was so epic since it’s so true.
Every time is pancake time, morning, noon, afternoon and even midnight. it doesn’t matter if its sweet with syrup or savory with sauce, pancakes are the best choice when you need something to cheer you up.
Classic pancake recipe it’s something most of people learn from their family. But in my case, unfortunately they weren’t that much interested in these little round miracles. Therefore, I had to come up with the perfect recipe all by myself and guess what! It turns out great!
This recipe is a bit different with the original American pancake recipe. I don’t add any fat at all, neither at the batter nor in the pan. Also, depending on the serving, i add flavors using vanilla or even thyme and rosemary if it’s for dinner.
How a perfect pancake should be
Pancakes for me should be soft and pillowy, and in the same time filled with flavors. Therefore, it is important to use the fresh and right amount of ingredients. By the way, I make my pancakes in the morning by eye balling the ingredients but here is the exact recipe for you, even though you can change it as much as you like.
It all starts with a good, non-stick, tick pan. It is very important to use a Teflon or high quality pan because no one likes ruined pancakes!
I know that the next step is using a spatula, but I always flip them using two spoons and i find it easier.
Then, i use room temperature milk (it’s okay if it’s cold), and start mixing the egg thoroughly. At this step I might add a tablespoon of sugar if needed. Then, i add the flour, baking soda, vanilla, and a pinch of salt.
I keep mixing them using a fork or whisk until it’s smooth.
Some might say that over mixing the batter will lead to tough pancakes, and you should left some lumps, but i found it irrelevant and smooth batter is the best.
Then i drop about two spoons of pancake in the pan and wait for it to bubble. Then flip it and let the other side cook for another 30 seconds or so. And here you go, your fluffy lovely dreamy pancakes are ready to go!
Easy Fluffy Pancake Recipe
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Cake Flour
- 1 Large Whole egg
- 1 tbsp Sugar Only if you like it
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Warm your non-stick pan in medium heat.
- Mix the milk, vanilla and egg thoroughly.
- Add all the dry ingredients.
- Mix until the batter is smooth.
- Pour about 2 spoon of the batter into hot pan, wait until it bubbles and then flip it to cook for another 30 seconds.
- You can substitute milk with any other vegan milk, yogurt, mashed banana or even water.
- If using self rising flour, omit the baking powder.
- You can add cinnamon or other flavorings too.
- For savory pancakes, just add salt & pepper instead of vanilla and sugar. also you can add oregano, thyme and basil.