Holidays season is closer than what you think! whats a better choice than a healthy treat with no regret?
holiday season is great for discovering new flavors, but also its a big deal of what you eat, for the results at after holiday season!
therefore, finding a healthy treat with no guilt which is still so flavorful is the best choice.
i am a huge fan of peanut butter, since it adds an amazing flavor to baked goods along with a great texture and moister.
Why not using butter?
Butter is great when it comes to cookies, but it’s also so high in calories and saturated fats that avoiding it would be a better choice. therefore, coming up with a substitute for butter has been a challenge for me in my recipes.
but fortunately, there are many ways to substitute butter with other ingredients, and in this case, it’s of course peanut butter.
Chewy or Cakey?
These cookies are not as cakey or as chewy, but they stand in a middle line. so everyone is happy! but by adding corn starch, the chewiness is included since all of the fat from butter is omitted.
these cookies are also fun to make with children since they do not require electric mixing. on the other hand, you can skip the chocolate chips ( like who would??? :)) ) and add raisins, pecans or any type of nuts.
Healthy Cookies are not boring!
Do not think that because these cookies are gluten free they are tasteless or boring. these cookies are packed with flavor and surprises! try to mix and match between the chocolate chips. use crushed candy of choice, toffee, salted caramel, M&Ms, chocolate nibs, white chocolate or crushed nuts and so much more!
Make it double chocolate!
Tired of ordinary cookies? try to add 1 tbsp of cocoa powder and see the magic! your cookies will turn into chocolate cookies! i really like to customize my cookies, sometimes i add a little cocoa powder or different essence to make various flavors.
Does it need chilling?
No. this dough is made to bake but if you want you can chill it to bake later or even freeze it and then defrost it almost an hour earlier to bake.
How to store the cookies
Like other cookies, store them in an air tight container out of the fridge. for more than 1-2 day storage, ( if it lasts that long! :D), add a piece of bread to the container in order to maintain the freshness of cookies. believe me this hack works like a charm!
For longer storage, put them into freezer and they will be fine.
ready to bake these pieces of heaven?
Gluten free Chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter
- 1 cup Peanut butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup Brown sugar
- 1 large Egg
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ⅔ cup Dark chocolate chips or use white/semi sweet or nuts of choice
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp corn starch not necessary, only if you like soft cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 Centigrade. Mix the peanut butter, sugars, baking soda and egg with a spatula or wooden spoon until its smooth.
- Fold chocolate chips.
- Put 1 tbsp of dough in a round shape on your baking sheet. then freeze them for about 10 minutes.
- then bake them for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- let them cool and enjoy!
- you can use M&Ms, raisins, nuts…etc.
- you could add 1 tbsp of chocolate powder for chocolate cookies.
- adding the starch will help your cookies to preserve their moisture longer.
- store the cookies in a tight container with a slice of bread for long lasting quality.