This No-knead bread will be your go to dough for all baking needs! Dinner rolls, pizzas, pretzel, cinnamon roll and so on.
Whenever you want to bake a bread, pizza or dinner rolls, even pretzels, there are thousands of recipes to chose. but this one is the key to all of them. personally, i have tried a bunch of recipes but it took me a lot of time to find the perfect one that works great with almost every shape, filling and texture.
Another best thing about this dough is that you don’t need to use bread flour, specifically. any flour ( but not self rising, since it has already added rising agents) works well.
This bread is so good that i don’t even think what i want to bake with it! i start mixing the flour with yeast and other ingredients in the morning, then let it rest and rise until the evening. sometimes i round a part of dough into pizza, then the other half into stuffed pull-bread! amazing, right??
It worth’s mentioning that adding different herbs will make a huge difference in taste. mix some fresh or dried basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano or whatever scented herbs that you like.
The best part is, you don’t even have to knead this dough; or use any special machines. i just pour the flour (no sifting needed) into a bowl. then i add the wet ingredients and start mixing using a spatula or wooden spoon. this dough is so good that it came together in a snap! just mix it very well until it forms into a ball, almost non-sticking to the bowl. then rob some oil ( this is a very important step) to help the dough rise in a smooth surface.
The Rising Situation
Usually, yeast based dough need to be rested in a warm place for at least an hour. but my suggestion is to let it rest for at least 4 hours. for example, start mixing it at morning or afternoon, and bake it for the dinner or let it rest overnight for breakfast or lunch.
it is mandatory to put the bowl in a warm place. or if you live in a cold city like me, just put a warm coat, blanket or sweater on it to keep it warm.
more importantly, make sure that the bowl is air tight. if you are using a sealed container, just add a layer of plastic wrap for more security.
The yeast mixture
Using high quality and fresh yeast has a very impressive effect on the final result; since most of the main flavor came from the yeast, itself.
also, the milk should be at a warm to touch temperature. if the milk is too hot or too cold, the yeast wouldn’t activate very well.
Easy Crazy Dough recipe – No knead bread
- 3 ⅓ Cup Flour 500 g
- 1½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 whole egg
- ¾ Cup Plain yogurt or buttermilk
- 1 tbsp oil for rubbing the bowl
- 2 tsp Fresh dry yeast
- ½ Cup Warm milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp Brown sugar
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 tbsp water
- Mix the yeast, warm milk and sugar and set it aside for 15 minutes until it's bubbly and activated.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl, then add the activated yeast into egg and yogurt
mixture and pour it over the dry ingredients.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the wet into dry until the dough is
smooth and no flour is remaining.
- Form the dough into a ball, add 1 tbsp of oil into the bowl and surface of
the dough for helping it during the resting time.
- Cover the bowl so that no air will be escaped. leave it in a warm place for at least 1 hour. but 4 hours in ideal.
- Get the dough out of the bowl when it's at least doubled in size, then cut or shape it in desired size or form that you want to bake. Preheat your oven to 200 centigrade.
- The dough may need another resting time if you like super fluffiness. after shaping it into the baking tray, cover it again with a plastic and let it rest for another 15 minutes until your oven is heating up.
- Mix the egg wash's ingredients, and gently brush all over the dough 2-3
- Put the dough in to the oven for 15 minutes. then turn on the grill for 5 minutes in 150 centigrade for golden tops. Enjoy!
- Try to use a fresh yeast.
- Do not skip the egg.
- You can always substitute yogurt with buttermilk, or just by adding a tbsp of vinegar into milk.
- The bread will stay fresh in a sealed container at fridge for up to a week.
Have more questions about the recipe? Have you tried these? Leave a comment below and let me know!