Forget the expensive store bought face products when you can make amazing face masks at home! here are 5 of the most amazing DIY homemade anti acne face masks that suits all skin types!
Not everyone can afford all of the beauty products out there. also, we don’t know exactly what is inside these products and most of them are chemicals. Then, what’s a better solution than homemade face masks? they are super easy and fast to make and convenient to apply.
Of course being healthy and having a good skin starts from what you eat, but did you know you can add your food to your beauty routine? just by mixing some of the best known ingredients that work like a magic for the skin with a little twist of essential oil, you can add your DIY home made skin mask. you know what’s inside it and customize it due to your desired skin type.
but before we start for the recipes, here are some important notes worth mentioning about the homemade face masks:
Important notes before starting to apply face masks:
- Make sure that your skin is very clean. use a face wash or cleanser to remove any left makeup.
- Its better to apply face masks when your pores are open. ideally after a shower or steaming your face.
- Do not apply the face mask around your eyes.
- Apply your face mask before your toner. then, do your make up or face routine and see the magic happen!
- Try to apply the mask in a even layer using a silicon brush for smooth and even results.
How do i know which mask should i use depending on my skin type?
You can always customize the masks based on your skin type! don’t be afraid of adding what you think suits the best for your skin. since these masks are all home made using fresh and natural products, there is no harm to mix and match them! just do a quick search before adding certain things like different acids ( vinegar, lemon juice…) to your mask to see if it’s compatible with the other ingredients.
For oily skins:
- Try to use less oil. if you have a very oily skin or acne, try to avoid coconut oil. replace it with a lighter oil light tea tree oil or lavender which reduces the acne, too.
- Add more acidic agents. ingredients like lemon juice, fruits and apple cider vinegar are the good to reduce the oil.
- Adding some rose water will also help you to control your skins oil.
For dry skins:
- If your skin is too dry or even if you live in a dry environment, using a high moisturizing oil will help your skin to stay fresh all the time. try to use grape seed oil, coconut oil, bitter almond oil, hazelnut oil, or rose oil.
- Dairy is a great moisturizing agent too! don’t forget to use fresh and plain high fat yogurt.
- For a better glow, try to use honey and seasonal fruits puree in your masks. believe me they do magic even after one use!
Disclaimer & Notices:
- Consult with your doctor if you have any special skin condition before applying any skin mask.
- Be responsible for your allergies. do not include an ingredient if you are allergic to it.
- Do not apply the mask around your eyes, irritated skin or open wounds.
- Wash the mask immediately if any irritation or itching happened.
- Do not leave the masks on your skin for more than 20 minutes.
- Wash the masks from your skin completely leaving no residue.
Check out my favorite face mask products on Amazon! with a great silicon brush you will be free of ruining your brushes with face masks and the application will be smooth and even! Also, a good mixing bowl which is enough for each mask, a mask storage , and measurable spoons are my best choice while making my own masks!
1 – Exfoliate and lightening face mask
This mask is so easy and simple yet great for oily skins to freshen up. it helps to exfoliate the dead skins and pollution that is left inside the pores. also, with the gentle scrubs of sugar granules, and the vitamin C in fresh lemon juice, will help to remove the dark spots.
Also, the tea tree oil is a great anti-acne agent which will prevent the skin from forming new acne and help it to heal faster. In addition, honey will work as an inflammatory in skin, helping to reduce the bacteria. try to use this mask 2 times a week for best result.
2 – Hydrating and Nurturing face mask
This mask is amazing specially for whom with tired and not glowing skins. it suits all skin types which is great. the strawberry is very rich in vitamin C which helps to nourish and vitalize the skin, along with reducing acne and it’s an amazing ingredient for removing acne and dark spots.
The yogurt in this mask provides natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agents, with great anti aging effects by tightening the skin which will also help to maintain the moisture into the skin. the honey provides all the needed minerals for your skin, and the rose oil works as an natural glowing highlighter for your face. apply this mask twice a week or best results.
3- Revitalize and Exfoliating face mask
Coffee helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite on the skin . The caffeine content in coffee helps to improve the blood circulation under the skin. on the other side, the coffee granules ( use fine ground coffee, not so powdery or too big to be harsh) is a great scrub, which helps to remove the dead skin and lightens your face with it’s amazing anti oxidants.
the combination of sugar and honey also provides the needed minerals and moisture for the skin, along with coconut oil that is rich in vitamin E and it’s an amazing moisturizer, too. apply this mask once a week. also, your face will smell like coffee for the rest of the day!
4- Refreshing and moisturizing face mask
This mask is great for all skin types specially for acne treatment. Peach is awesome for tired skins or when you just want to freshen up! it has high vitamin C content, along with anti aging agents that tights the skin and pores even after one use. peach is also a great way to reduce dark circles and blemishes.
Milk is rich in B-vitamins, alpha hydroxy acids, calcium and other potent antioxidants which as simple as it is, it’s a great ingredients to to your face masks! it will nourish and moisturize the skin for a long time, and i’ts proved to be an anti-acne agent too.
If your face is more on the oily side, adding oats will help to soak up the excess oil on your and help to treat acne. It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and it contain compounds called saponins, which are natural cleansers. They remove the dirt and oil that clog the pores and exfoliate the skin gently.
The almond oil is my all time favorite! with being high in vitamin E, the almond oil keeps your skin healthy, and works as an natural sunscreen that protects the skin from UV radiation and you will look smooth, glowy and always moisturized.
5 – Moisturizing face mask
Mango is a great source of vitamin A, C, E and beta-carotene. it has healing antioxidants to rejuvenate your skin, while the vitamins help to protect the cells from damaging. the lactic acids in yogurt will also help to tighten your pores and skin too.
Should i even say how much aloe vera is great for the skin? it contains antioxidants, enzymes, Vitamins A and C, and it is highly anti-inflammatory. It can help treat burns, acne and dry dry skin by moisturizing it. but studies have revealed that using too much aloe vera will lead to make your skin dryer, therefore it’s recommended to use it with an moisturizing light oil like tea tree oil to maintain the moisture in skin.
Tea tree oil by itself is a great anti acne agent. it has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It will reduce the redness, swelling, and inflammation. It will lead you to a healthy, smooth and bright skin.
- Do not use the masks everyday. 2-3 times or even once a week is ideal.
- Make sure to follow the ” before applying masks” notice on the top of the post.
- Do not let any of the masks to sit on your face more than 20 minutes.
- Try to wash your face with cold water.
- Beware of your allergies to the ingredients.
- After using each mask, use a moisturizer cream if you feel your skin is dry. specially if you omitted the oil from the mask.
- Always use fresh ingredients for your masks.
- These masks and the given amounts are for single use only. if you are planning to make more, store them in a tight container at fridge. although, i highly recommend to use it fresh each time.
- Using cold products will give you a more freshening feeling!
Have you tried any of these masks? what are your favorite face masks? please comment down bellow!
thank you for reading!